Monday, September 20, 2010

Personal Assault ... Addendum to 9/16 Post

In retrospect I have come to realize just how stupid I was to act on my own with regard to being assaulted a week ago. The woman, who was in a violent rage, could have easily been under the influence of "meth" or "crack" or some similar type of mind altering drug. She was so completely out of control in her wild rage that she was literally jumping up and down while screaming racial invectives (at me) as people tried to restrain her.

While under the very apparent influence of some chemical substance, she could have attacked me with a knife or some other weapon and then it would been too wet to plow. I could have been in seriously deep doo doo.

Wife has reminded me on more than one occasion that the epitaph on my tombstone probably should be, "He had the right-of-way."

I know that I have learned a very important lesson, thanks to the altercation that could have been much worse. I have been "preached at" enough about the potential dangers of taking things into one's own hands. Report to some LEO or rent-a-cop and let them handle the situation. Just suck it in and never, ever make any attempt on one's own to confront. One never knows what can result from a confrontation. Too many people have died as a result for doing what I did to instigate such unexpected actions.

At least it's not to late for me to learn. C'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment